Oct 30, 2013

A Month of Faves: October


I'm not so good at posts like these. It's mostly because I discover so many wonderful things on the web daily it's hard to keep track. This month, however, I made a conscious decision to take note of everything that my eyes lingered on for more than a few seconds. And here we are. These are a few things I enjoyed this month.

My love affair with The Lumineers is still pretty strong. I've listened to a few songs from their 2012 album. My newest favorite is Big Parade. It'll make a great road trip song.

My most recent favorite blog is Local Milk. I've been a follower for a little more than a month, but I just can't get over the stunning food photography and the creator Beth's way with words. I'm a sucker for beautiful photos and beautiful writing. I loved her Muscadine Rose Hand Pies post. Yum!

Beverage wise, I've mostly had ginger tea. This Warm Coconut Milk with Almonds recipe does look and sound delicious.

When it comes to beauty, I like to keep things simple. My go-to beauty blog is Into The Gloss. I've been a long time fanatic for their Top Shelf posts. I more than enjoyed Poppy King, Lipstick Queen's refreshing take on beauty and working with what you've been given. It's hands down my favorite Top Shelf ever.

Joanna Goddard from A Cup of Jo recently shared a super cute post called 9 Crazy Things About NYC. It comes with illustrations.

Speaking of Illustrations, I discovered a new blog yesterday called Kris Atomic. If you like backstage shots of fashion shows, street style, and illustrations, it might be a cool place to hang out. I'm looking forward to future posts.

I've recently acquired quite a taste for illustration and art in general. Christian Schloe's work is incredible.

James over at Bleubird Vintage has a keen sense of style. I loved how she styled the ace&jig Oxblood dress in Worn/09.

Some of my favorite posts on writing this month were Susan Dennard's posts on how she plans her books. You can read part 1. I also really enjoyed Taryn Albright's post on writing 50k in a day called #50kKillMeNow. It gives me some ideas.

I'll have to stay away from Netflix next month during NaNoWriMo. After marathoning Breaking Bad, I've become hooked on Orange is the New Black. To make things extra exciting, Wattpad is hosting a NaNo contest. There's a huge prize involved.

I'll still be reading The Book Thief through November, but I'll definitely be finished by the movie's release.

My favorite quote this month:

"I eat cake because it's somebody's birthday somewhere."

Photo: Deer Feeding

1 comment: