My top ten movies:
1. An Education: I've seen this movie way too many times. It's a coming of age film that takes place in the 1960s. It's about a young girl named Jenny who becomes enamored with an older man and gets caught up in his "glamorous" lifestyle. I love it because it's the kind of story I'd love to tell.
3. The Awakening: It's one of the best horror movies I've seen in a long time. It's so good I'm afraid I won't be able to explain it well. I'll give it a go anyway. A woman who doesn't believe in ghosts is invited to a boys boarding school that is supposedly haunted. While on her mission to prove that the school isn't haunted, she begins to recall some astonishing truths about herself and one of the students there. There's a romance. It takes place in England in the 1920s. Fans of The Others will love it.
4. My Neighbor Totoro: One of the best animated movies I've seen hands down. It's on the quieter side with is why I love it. It explores two of my favorite themes, family and love.
5. Spirited Away: Spirited Away is one of the reasons I love Animes. It's a movie filled with magic and love. It doesn't get any better than that.
6. Alice in Wonderland (2010): You guys are already familiar with this story line I bet. I will never get tired of it. Johnny Depp is phenomenal in his role as the Mad Hatter. Off with their heads.
7. 500 Days of Summer: Okay so I'm not the biggest romantic comedy fan but this one is so good. It's not so typical. Yes, boy meets girl. Boy loves girl, except girl doesn't love boy so much. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is the main character and he's always nice to look at.
8. My Girl: I couldn't finish this list without including my favorite childhood movies. My Girl is my favorite childhood movie. It's another coming of age. It's probably the first movie that made me cry. It's a great movie to watch if you're writing for children even though it is older. The subject matter is always very timely.
9. Edward Scissorhands: This is the reason why Johnny Depp is one of my favorite actors. You can't get any better than this. Thinking about this movie really makes me miss my childhood.
10. Beetlejuice: I will always love Beetlejuice and the Banana Boat Song.
Thanks for hosting, Alex. And thanks for stopping by.