Mar 6, 2013

Thursday's Children: Rocks and Water

I did tell Rhiann I'd participate in Thursday's Children one of these days. I just never got around to it, but today Rhiann's and Jaye's posts really inspired me. If you're wondering, Thursday's Children is a weekly blog hop where writers share what inspires them.

I honestly had to think for a second of what inspired me this week because I've kind of been wandering around my own mind--a dangerous habit. You don't always notice things that are right in front of you. The first thing I thought of was a song I came across on Pandora that made me think I should revisit my good old WIP, which was abandoned for something shinier. It's a country song or has a country sound.

If you take a listen, it's a song about a mother warning her daughter. Of what, I'm not so sure but sometimes I do find myself drawn to songs with darker lyrics. After hearing Rocks and Water, I instantly added it to my favorite songs playlist. And I might just whip out that old WIP after all.


I've also been deeply inspired by my virtual garden because I don't own a real one. Peonies and cacti, there isn't anything that my virtual garden can't grow. It even inspired me to give my MC her own flower stand. When I was a bit younger I used to beg my mother to start one--a garden. We do have a small yard my father plants things in sometimes.

For now I'll stick with my virtual one, until I can afford a real one.

Thanks for stopping by. See you next week.

17 comments:

  1. I love your virtual garden, and should start one of my own, because honestly I don't enjoy bugs, sweating, and getting dirt under my nails all that much. Thank you for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bugs, sweating, maybe that might be an issue for me too if I ever do start a garden. But I think the end result would be worth it.

      You're welcome, Rhiann. Thursday's Children is a wonderful idea.

      Delete
  2. I'd never heard that song before. I really like it! Thanks for introducing it to us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I'm glad you like it. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Well you know I'd love this song :0). Glad you're doing Thursday's Children. This is only my 3rd week participating and it's hard to think of stuff. It's also good to really get your brain clicking about what inspires it.

    Flower stands. In western NJ, I visited a friend and who drove around her small town. There someone had an "honor system" flower stand. Beautiful bouquets of wildflowers and a coffee can for payment. I've never forgotten that scene in my head. I love the idea of your mc in your story operating a flower stand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! The song is wonderful, isn't it? And sometimes I do wish I lived in a place where things like owning a flower stand were the norm. I think it's a cute idea.

      Delete
  4. Peonies and Pandora. Cool. As cool as wandering around in one's mind. I bet it would be fun to run a flower stand too. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

    http://otherworlddiner.blogspot.com/2013/03/inspiration-from-news.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe. Virtual garden — very cool! I was expecting some weird, Facebook game or something, but I really like your garden. You've got a lot of stuff growing in there — it's very easy to get lost!

    Thanks for joining us, and hope to see you back next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there! Yes, it is very easy to get lost. And I hope to be back next week, too.

      Delete
  6. I'm definitely going to have to check out this virtual garden!!! Sounds like fun. We have a wee-little garde - it does alright ;)
    Great post and so nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to meet you too, Jessika. Yay for your garden!

      Delete
  7. So easy to get lost in your own mind, but so much fun when you're brewing stories. I love the idea of a virtual garden - my real one is suffering from writer's neglect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your poor garden. Hopefully it'll get a visit from you soon. :D

      Delete
  8. Thank you SO much for sharing this song. I absolutely adore, it and it fits in brilliantly with my WIP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it. It's wonderful that it suits your WIP. I love sharing music with you guys.

      Delete
  9. Thanks so much for joining us! I totally want a virtual garden of my very own now seeing as I live in the concrete jungle of Hong Kong!

    ReplyDelete