Feb 21, 2013

A Few Things: 2.21.13

It seems time flies when you're lounging around your house watching reruns of The Office. I really miss the old seasons. These are a few things I loved this week.

  • Words (pin-board) - My favorite pin-board this week was definitely Words--a board filled with quotes that inspire me. My favorite quote: "Someone should write a book where the main character slowly falls in love with the reader." I'm not sure who wrote it but it's perfect.  
  • Elephantine - This week Elephantine was the non-writing blog I visited most often.
  • Starry Nights by Daisy Whitney - I haven't read it because it hasn't been released yet, but the premise--wow--the premise is just stunning. Tell me you wouldn't fall in love with a book about a boy who falls in love with a girl trapped inside a painting. I'm having one of those I should have thought of that moments. When I think of this book, I'm reminded of this photo.
  • Jenny's Blog/Writing - I've been following her blog for quite some time. I've recently been stalking her projects tab because she writes so beautifully. It's the kind of writing you'd want to highlight. GAH! If you aren't already following, hop over.
  • So-So by Brooke Waggoner - I discovered this song on an author's blog a while ago and it still makes me so happy. It's a feel good song that's easy to relate to.


Happy reading and writing!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, I've been listening to this song while I check out some of your links. I love it! It's a great writing song because it's soft (I need a light touch when I'm writing!).

    And, yeah, I'm with you about the Office. I'm only watching this season to see what happens to Jim and Pam. But I gotta say, so far, I'm not liking it.
    Bring back Michael Scott!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. The earlier seasons were so much better. I'm hardly even watching. I wish Steve Carell would have come back for the last season at least.

      I love Brooke Waggoner. That song is pure magic. Thanks for stopping by, Daisy.

      Delete
  2. An eclectic group of links...I'll try them out. Neat blog:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Thanks for taking the time to comment and all. :D

      Delete