1. Magical Realism in YA by Nova Ren Suma - Earlier this week, while revising, I had this bright idea to add a magical realism element to my MS. I don't know. I just thought doing it would add some spice to an otherwise entirely realistic story. I've been brainstorming and I have a few ideas. I'm still not sure about any of it because I wouldn't want it to be jarring. We'll see.
2. Manifesto - I came across a cute pink sweatshirt on Pinterest yesterday from a t-shirt brand called Manifesto, which is owned by a lovely woman named Meg. Her t-shirts are limited edition, and I'm sure they'll sell out before I can get my hands on one.
3. Here (pin-board) - Have you ever seen an image that completely inspired you? That's how I feel about my pin-board, Here--my favorite board this week.
4. Paper House by Lisa Hannigan - It's no secret that I love Lisa Hannigan. Her recent album, Passenger, is probably one of the best I've ever heard. My latest favorite is Paper House. I really love her lyrics.
"Oh we walked in a hallowed place back then,
the edge of Dublin, the edge of May and June.
Oh to live in a paper house again,
where we grew by the light of the moon."
5. "Always be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn" - I fell in love with a very lovely quote by artist, WeareyYawn, the moment I saw it. I have a pin-board dedicated to quotes I love and Always be yourself is one of my favorites. It's really charming.
Happy reading and writing. Have a wonderful weekend!