Feb 14, 2013

A Few Things: 2.14.13

Why, hello Thursday.This week flew by at lightening speed, wouldn't you agree? I attempted to blog every day this week, but then Thursday morning came along. And even though I had a post planned, I wasn't quite in the blogging mood. So here we are hours later with another A Few Things post. A Few Things is just a list of things I fell in love with during the week.

1. Magical Realism in YA by Nova Ren Suma - Earlier this week, while revising, I had this bright idea to add a magical realism element to my MS. I don't know. I just thought doing it would add some spice to an otherwise entirely realistic story. I've been brainstorming and I have a few ideas. I'm still not sure about any of it because I wouldn't want it to be jarring. We'll see.

2. Manifesto - I came across a cute pink sweatshirt on Pinterest yesterday from a t-shirt brand called Manifesto, which is owned by a lovely woman named Meg. Her t-shirts are limited edition, and I'm sure they'll sell out before I can get my hands on one.

3. Here (pin-board) - Have you ever seen an image that completely inspired you? That's how I feel about my pin-board, Here--my favorite board this week.

4. Paper House by Lisa Hannigan - It's no secret that I love Lisa Hannigan. Her recent album, Passenger, is probably one of the best I've ever heard. My latest favorite is Paper House. I really love her lyrics. 

"Oh we walked in a hallowed place back then,
the edge of Dublin, the edge of May and June.
Oh to live in a paper house again,
where we grew by the light of the moon."

5. "Always be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn" - I fell in love with a very lovely quote by artist, WeareyYawn, the moment I saw it. I have a pin-board dedicated to quotes I love and Always be yourself is one of my favorites. It's really charming.

Happy reading and writing. Have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Really glad I stopped by your blog today! For one, I've never heard that Paper House song - thanks for the introduction. For two, "Always be yourself . . ." quote is hilarious and I've never heard it before today. It's my new meme :)

    Good luck with the revisions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Steven! Thanks for stopping by. That quote is pretty hilarious. I'd love to hang it on my wall.

      Thanks for the well wishes. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh man. I would totally be a unicorn! haha :)

    And magical realism! Sounds fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Kelley. The magical realism element sounded like a great idea but would probably work best with a different MS.

      Delete